The TELEPHONE BOOTH GALLERY is partnering with GERHARD to present artworks by:
- Lizz Aston is a fibre-based artist, currently living and working in Toronto.
- Focusing on themes surrounding knot-work and interlacement, her work encompasses both sculpture and installation, including interactive and site-specific projects as well as collaborative projects in porcelain, concrete and furniture design.
- Aston is the recipient of numerous grants and awards, including the RBC Emerging Artist Studio Setup Award (2012), and Most Outstanding Use of Traditional Materials Award, Fiberart International (2013), Pittsburgh, PA.
- Aston holds an Advanced Diploma from the Sheridan Institute of Technology – Crafts and Design, Textiles program (2009) and will be returning to full-time studies this fall at OCAD University to pursue a Bachelor of Design in Industrial Design.
- Alanna Cavanagh is an illustrator, printmaker, + surface designer based in Toronto.
- Her silkscreen prints have been featured in Apartment Therapy, Canadian House + Home, Design Lines, Style Files /Amsterdam + Design Traveller/Oslo.
- Her illustration clients include: The New York Times, Penguin Books, Tattly, The Globe and Mail, The Hudson's Bay Co., Chronicle Books, + Target.
- Cavanagh also has a collection of home products in all 90 stores of The Hudson's Bay Company.
Peter Feeney will also be at GERHARD with a selection of handmade footwear.
- Peter Feeney crafts shoes with only the best quality materials using old world techniques. In 2006, Peter Feeney, after much consideration, chose to leave a career in film production to pursue his real passion – the crafting of bespoke footwear. Peter relocated to the epicentre of custom high quality shoemaking -Florence, Italy and following an extensive apprenticeship with one of Florence’s master Calzolaio he chose to return home to Toronto with his carefully developed and unique skills in the art of bespoke shoe design and construction.
GERHARD is located at 2949 Dundas St West (between Pacific Ave and Medland St) #5 on the map.